Australis 2.0 Update
Earlier this month, an update was given to the Australis theme for Firefox. The great thing about this is that this actually one of the few pieces of work I can proudly associate myself with! This isn't completely my work (most of it isn't). Thanks goes to Joshua M. (or SoapyHamHocks), who let me update his existing theme. I also have to thank Stephen Horlander for the original design, mockups, and a very useful PSD file.
The most painful part of this was that almost all the issues were associated with changes to Firefox throughout the rapid release cycle. Border images in Firefox 14 and below differed extremely in 15 and above, so that part was a bit frustrating at first. But nothing to fear! David Baron had an awesome blog post detailing the changes, and a guide on how to make new and old versions compatible.
And without further ado, I'm proud to present the Australis 2.0 update!
Here's a summary of the changes made.
- The curved tabs have been updated and support the new Firefox border-image spec.
- Backgroud tab text has been turned black, with shadow on text and a legibility strip added to the Tabs Toolbar Hover states for background tabs added. New tab button got this change as well
- Site Identity box fixed and changed to default Firefox style due to no mockups on this.
- Toolbar buttons now reflect the default Firefox style. Code from the original patch was used for this (with slight modifications to combined back and forward)
- Stylish compatibility fixed
- New devtools compatibility fixed
- New tab page compatibility fixed
- AppTab notification glow changed to mockup style
- New go/stop/reload styling according to mockup
- Firefox on Linux given GTK menubar color on Tabs Toolbar.
- Fixed Anti-Phishing warning page styling
- Fixed some minor issues on the untrusted connection page
- Updated arrow panels (door hanger)
- Updated HTML5 video controls
Download Link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/australis/